Most of my work comes out really nice. I tried a new pattern this week and MAN! It came out sooooo large I have to say that I was really surprised and disappointed too because the material was on sale at Wal-Mart for $1.00 a yard and it’s really great. It’s a deep forest green and a little stretchy. I didn’t realize it was until I started to work with it, but that’s not why it came out so big.
The reason is that I actually followed the pattern and cut it to the right size, but then I didn’t sew it at the called for 5/8″ margin. It’s just such a waste of material and these days it has become less expensive in many cases to just buy what you want and make do even it it’s not quite what you want. (if you can sew it’ll make you crazy)
It doesn’t look very flattering in the picture, but it’s really nice and has great shape if you really are a size 18, which I’m not, but the measurements matched my measurements, a size 8-10. When you sew you end up using sizes that don’t match up with the store sizes so you have to get over the “number” thing and just get a match with the measurements. Anyway I’m very disappointed, but its quite pretty, maybe I will find someone that it fits 🙂
In the mean time I’m going to cut the pattern down a couple of sizes and try again 😉